Sign in to follow this  
Mark Harman

SE Region Results

For the first time, we have co-champions. Carlos DeBarros and I both shot 75 each day to come in at 150, +6. Carlos had not been playing much, so in a sense it was really a victory for him. Thanks to all who played, and hopefully next year we can get at least 20 to play. Those of you who didn't play, you missed a great time on a good golf course. Hope to see you next year!

Carlos Debarros..............75-75 - 150

Mark Harman..................75-75 - 150

Mike Stevens..................79-78 - 157

Thomas Stanley..............80-78 - 158

Gene Kemper..................81-78 - 159

Woody Hoover................79-82 - 161

Gary Vilano....................83-83 - 166

Philip Kemper.................81-85 - 166

Anthony Tavernier...........87-79 - 166

Jerry Cappadona.............83-83 - 166

Edit: Also thanks to Mike for hosting our dinner Saturday night with an informal meeting. I should have said it was he who hopes to get 20 for next year. He does a great job as our regional director and I want to echo his sentiments that, although the guys who show up are great, it's a case of the more the merrier.

Congratulations to Carlos. I played with him the last round and he played well. Could easily have shot lower if not for a couple of putts here and there. Was a great weekend. This is becoming one of my favorite venues. Course is great and accomodations are excellent. I think this was our fifth year for the Southeast Championship. Start thinking about attending next year. It is well worth it.

Mike Stevens

Congratulations to Carlos. I played with him the last round and he played well. Could easily have shot lower if not for a couple of putts here and there. Was a great weekend. This is becoming one of my favorite venues. Course is great and accomodations are excellent. I think this was our fifth year for the Southeast Championship. Start thinking about attending next year. It is well worth it.

Mike Stevens

Congradulations to both Mark & Carlos on their co-win. Carlos and I attended the first USGTF Clubfitting class in Florida back in 2002 given by Arlen Bento, and played together during the 1st round of the U.S. Cup at the Quarry Golf Club in San Antonio in 2005. It's nice to know that some of our more senior players still exhibit that spark in their game. On that note, Keith Dunklebarger, who I believe is in his mid 60's, won the Central Region Championship that I had an opportunity to particpate in on Aug. 21st at Renwood Golf Course in Round Lake Beach, Illinois.

Greg Johnson